[OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 48: wine, social life and light

Subject: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 48: wine, social life and light
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 19:45:44 -0500
Here's a rough idea of how it could be transformed.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Wajsman/PAW104807.htm>

Another very interesting/instructive Moose image analysis. Thanks.

No clue that the Moose uses deconvolution as a tool. I believe Focus
Magic uses a peanut butter spread on cracker approach with
blind deconvolution assuming a gaussian PSF---still works well
especially in this situation where general defocus blur is to be
reduced for the alternative view. Works well in astrophotography
apparently as it is a very good assumption for atmospheric effects
--gaussian blur with largish radius. I believe DXO does the
deconvolution on the separate RGB channels and is context aware. Noise
seems to cause great indigestion for deconvolution and I believe focus
Magic reduces it no matter what. I am not sure,but despite a stable
full of optics Ph.D's DXO could no way quickly crank out lens module
after lens module with lens specific PSF, though aberration corrections
clearly are carefully done---even to the point of focus distance
specific aberration correction when possible.

Mike