Re: [OM] Printer driver (rip?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Printer driver (rip?)
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 08:35:41 -0600

> I've heard the stories, but haven't experienced the pain. Haven't installed
> CS5 yet, either, though it's on the way. But that said, I also heard the
> yelps and yowls about Snow Leopard and printers, and when I upgraded, sure
> enough, my printers wouldn't work. Well, the HP laser would, but the Epson's
> wouldn't. So I went to the Epson site, downloaded the latest drivers.
> Problem solved.

I'm going to bookmark this post.  ;)

> Any time anything new comes out, the yelps and yowls fill the air. Mostly
> it's just, well, hot air. I recall when the D3 came out and didn't have a
> protective cover over the LCD, you'd have thought the Nazis were in Paris
> again. Three years later, my D3 LCD is pristine, and it's never been
> protected by anything.

The LCD on my iPad isn't protected--still like new. The aluminum case is all
scratched up, though. The LCD on my E-1 isn't protected--also still like
new. The LCD on my A1 isn't protected and the anti-reflective coating is
scratched up. The L1 doesn't have a protected screen either and I am rather
nervous about that one as it is pretty wimpy plastic. The unprotected screen
on my Palm Centro smartphone is wearing out in spots, but that's typical for
Palms.

AG