Re: [OM] Printer driver (rip?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Printer driver (rip?)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 16:15:24 -0800
On 12/5/2010 8:56 AM, jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In what may be a moot point - Qimage isn't a RIP. It's actually a piece of
> software that acts as an interface between
> you and the standard print driver for the printer.

It does seem moot to me, at least with with Epsons. Whether it uses parts of
the standard printer driver to actually put
ink on paper or not, it acts like a RIP, with a different interface and with
capabilities that standard the standard
Epson driver interfaces don't have.

When using it, I never see the Epson interface, only the QImage interface,
which I understand to be standard across
printer brands.

It walks like a duck and quacks like one, so I think of it as one.

Moose