Re: [OM] CZ Jena Tessar

Subject: Re: [OM] CZ Jena Tessar
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 03:42:42 -0800
On 12/7/2010 3:20 AM, Alan Wood wrote:
> Is there a safe way to check that the 5D mirror does not hit the rear of the
> lens?
>
> I am hoping that there is a better way than mounting the lens, firing the
> shutter, and hoping for the best.

There are at least three of ways I can think of.

1. Assuming the mirror is driven mechanically in one direction and by springs
the other, mount the adapter sans lens,
gently manipulate the mirror up or down and see if it hits something soft stuck
to the top of the adapter opening to the
depth of the lens when mounted.

2. Tape a small steel ruler across the mount opening, above the middle, about
where the top of the lens protrusion will
be. Move the mirror up and down and measure the smallest clearance. compare to
the distance the lens protrudes. behind
the adapter mount flange.

2. Less elegantly, just screw the lens in only to the depth of the adapter,
then screw it in a quarter turn at a time
and fire the shutter. the tiniest little click, heard and/or felt, would mean
stop. If that doesn't happen, all is well.

Measurin' Fool Moose