Re: [OM] Henderson House Fire

Subject: Re: [OM] Henderson House Fire
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 15:43:17 -0800
On 11/25/2010 4:24 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I do approve of your first effort and agree that the second looks dramatic
> but it seems to lack any context.  I'm undecided there.

Different strokes.

As you probably have noticed, I rather like shots of things, particularly
natural things, taken in such a way that they
are abstracts without context. Although it may not be hard to guess at least
generally what this is, I'm much more
interested in it for color, shapes, texture, etc., than for what it is.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2010/Massachusetts/South_Hamilton&image=IMG_1731cr2ii.jpg>

That's one of a few new images I added to my little gallery of stuff seen while
visiting Mike and Marnie. There's some
nice looking fish, a classic bowl of fruit still life and a pepper mill as
moderne lighthouse added too.

These two images illustrate a dilemma I encounter. Taken within moments of each
other, one has context, while the other
is relatively pure color and texture. Which to put up in a gallery? Often, as
here, I do both, and wonder if it's a
cop-out.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2010/In_The_Air&image=IMG_1270crs75.jpg>
-
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2010/In_The_Air&image=IMG_1273web.jpg>

It seems to me to be useful to shoot all kinds of different stuff, not only for
exercise of photographic 'muscles', but
because it helps me actually see more of what's around me. I very much delight
in coming back from a walk, drive, etc.
and surprise the others who were along with an image or images of things they
didn't notice, but now find interesting.

Visible Moose