Re: [OM] Changing lens mount

Subject: Re: [OM] Changing lens mount
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 14:48:03 -0500
Even for lenses designed at the outset to have different mounts (eg:
Vivitar, Kiron, Tokina) changing from one mount to the other was never
simply a matter of popping off the old mount and popping on the new.  If
you look at the parts diagrams you'll see that there are numerous parts
involved in making the switch.

As Jeff says, there is a fundamental difference in register distance
between Practica B and M42 with the Practica lens falling more than 1mm
short of reaching infinity.  I wouldn't say that it can't be done but
there would be a lot of very precise metal surgery to be done.

Chuck Norcutt