Re: [OM] Changing lens mount

Subject: Re: [OM] Changing lens mount
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 09:49:19 -0800
Praktica has a register distance of 44.4 while M42 has 45.46. The thickness
of what you remove from the lens would have to be 45.46 - 44.4 = 1.06 mm
thinner than what you add back on to maintain infinity focus.

http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/mounts-by-register.html

Also, your m42 mount camera might have limitations on how far the back of
the lens can extend into the camera. If the Practica lens has an auto
diaphragm you would probably have to use manual stop down.

Jeff Keller