Re: [OM] 0.95

Subject: Re: [OM] 0.95
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:00:11 -0500
I agree with Steve 100%.  A 4/3 lens of the same focal length needs to
be opened a stop wider than a 35mm lens for the same depth of field.
But, of course, the 4/3 lens at the same focal length will only have
half the field of view.  For equivalent field of view (half the focal
length) the 4/3 camera has greater depth of field at any equivalent
aperture.

And f/2 is f/2 is f/2 for exposure determination.

I've never hear the image noise claim but it sounds like some silly
internet lore to me.

Chuck Norcutt