Re: [OM] OT: the Nykon "compact" won the competition -- a re-think

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: the Nykon "compact" won the competition -- a re-think
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 01:40:42 -0500
Well, I guess I'm not on your list of sophisticated photographers, but am on
the list of mindless automatons.

Well, should you feel that way.

As far as I am concerned, I would much prefer it if my G11 had no optical
finder at all, and was thus smaller, lighter
and had been less expensive.Generally my opinion.

A bigger, heavier and more expensive finder with better optical quality and
close to full coverage would be even worse,
from my point of view.

Not so sure I agreehere.

I quite like using the LCD and have yet to find a situation where the
articulation didn't allow me to see it in bright
light well enough to get the shot. Would I like an SLR quality viewfinder?
Sure, but that's not possible within the
other constraints that make it a camera I really like. By the time they
added a view finder you would approve of, the
camera would be big, heavy and expensive enough that I might as well simply
get an E-620 or a Sony SLT A55 and get a

An articulated lcd isgood, as on my Sony R1, but not the ideal. If I need to
hold the camera steady, I want something not at the end of my spindly arms.

Bill Pearce