Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 15:44:55 -0700
On 10/29/2010 6:59 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> As Chris pointed out, Apple-Q will do the trick.

As will Alt-F4 in Windoze. And I'll freely admit the Mac keyboard shortcut is
the more intuitive of the two. I'd
probably it get somewhere in the process of trying the various key modification
keys and a few letter keys - End, Close,
eXit, Kill, Quit, Leave/cLose, etc.

I remain of the opinion that the single click of a red box with white X in it
to close an app is far more intuitive, and
more user friendly to those who aren't yet in the club, than a red circle that
may, in some instances, but mostly won't,
close the app, choosing instead to leave a windowless process running and using
up memory.

Not saying there is anything wrong with Macs or their OS. Only that this aspect
of it is inconsistent with their claims
to be open and intuitive to operate.

Moose