Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:27:10 -0700
I just tried opening up to five instances of firefox while watching the
task manager. Didn't matter what combination of tabs, windows or apps
running the Process list showed firefox only once. The Application tab
showed each separate instance of the open app. What was interesting was
the memory usage. Memory showed a hit with the first instance on the app
but opening additional copies of firefox made no difference. CPU and
memory usage changed with the load on the app of course.

I run multiple copies of firefox for the convenience of separating
tasks. Doesn't seem to matter to my computer whether I run tabs windows
or multiple copies of the app.

Mike
XP 32bit
4gigsRAM (3.1 usable)