[OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)--now FB bracket

Subject: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)--now FB bracket
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:14:13 -0400
Thanks Chuck,

Couldn't find the exact right thing.  I was impressed with all the
varieties  of studs spigots especially as I've never used any before.
I was not very clear describing the bracket.  The bracket has a large
round attachment wheel in a slot in the base with a male 3/8"
screw--just a couple turns to attach the cam.  The bottom end has a
female 3/8" perhaps to attach to a pod.
A 3/8 female to 1/4"' male adapter would work on the top side, but with
no flange would not be that stable.  Then I still have to attach a
plate to the bracket.
Another way may to ignore the   3/8" monster on it and get a long
enough gizmo with a male 1/4-20 to insert through the slot in the base
of the bracket to attach the cam.
Then I would need a key type thing with a  1/4" female end to attach a
plate to the base of the bracket.  I've never seen those.

Still too many loose screws,  Mike

Since it's a photographic item I suspect that the 3/8 in thread would
be
3/8-16.  It's not at all clear to me what your bracket looks like or
whether it has a male of female thread.  I'm guessing a female thread
such that it could be attached to a tripod with 3/8-16 male thread or
(perhaps more likely) to a light stand with 3/8-16 male stud attached.

Search B&H and others for "light stand adapter" and sort by price low
high looking for under $20 items.  Other search terms to use besides
"adapter" are "stud", "tip", or "spigot".

Chuck Norcutt