Re: [OM] Burning OM question

Subject: Re: [OM] Burning OM question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:24:40 -0400
I can remember burned fingers from even small bulbs if you tried to
change them too soon.  A big one going off in your pocket would be
rather traumatic.

I actually thought your notion of doing auto exposure with FP sync has a
good chance of working.  But I just had to go look at a few cameras to
see where FP sync left off.  The OM-2 or 2n are the only cameras that
have auto mode and FP sync.  But I think I'd first do a check against
the guide number just to be sure the exposure seems rational for auto to
handle.  As I recall, the guide numbers for those large bulbs were
critically dependent on the reflector they were used with.

Dr. Flash