Re: [OM] 24/2 vs 21/2 vs 24/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 24/2 vs 21/2 vs 24/2.8
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:03:28 -0700
On 10/22/2010 4:40 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> How do we know that they don't already have them?

Well, for one thing, AG says so. :-)

A bit more seriously, some inductive reasoning:

1. The two DSLRs I have owned and the one P&S camera I've taken apart have
highly reflective sensor surfaces.
2. Many other people, here (as below) and elsewhere have commented the same
thing.
3. Several lens makers have made a big deal about their redesigned lens and/or
coating formulas to minimize hot spotting
from this source.
4. Multi-coated lens surfaces have very subdued reflections compared to
uncoated ones.
5. Camera manufacturers eagerly promote any and all 'improvements' to their
products, regardless of how effective they
may be.
6. I've not seen any announcements or marketing noise about such a development.

Thus, I think it highly likely that they aren't yet in use.

Now why they aren't coated like lens surfaces, I don't know.

Logical but Puzzled Moose