Re: [OM] QP Card QP Color Correction Card (2 Cards) GQP201 - B&H Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] QP Card QP Color Correction Card (2 Cards) GQP201 - B&H Photo
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 08:59:50 -0500
I try to keep my Wolf Target out of the sunlight and try not to let it
out at night either. Since it hasn't been clubbing, I don't think the
patches have been rode very hard yet.

As to fading, well, fading happens, but I had looked up the fade
characteristics of the Kodak paper being used by the manufacturer of
the targets and the fade curve for dark storage is stable enough to
not be too much of an issue. I'd probably recommend a replacement of
the target in five years for exposed, used targets and a replacement
for dark storage targets in 10 years. I suppose if one is really
retentive about these things, I'd recommend buying a new one every
year and selling the old one to a hobbiest.

I got the calibration sheet with mine. The offset numbers were so
minimal that it didn't make any sense for me to worry about it. My own
eyes are less accurate than the target. Not even sure where that sheet
is anymore.

Just on a nifty side-note. We recently got one of those Canon
printer/scanner thingymabobs. Out of curiousity I slapped the target
in it and did a quick-and-dirty scan. Amazing! The scanner nailed it.
It is close enough that I may not even bother creating a profile for
it. My eyes couldn't tell any difference.

Wish our cameras were that close.

AG