Re: [OM] ICC profiles, Color Casts and Head Pounding Moment

Subject: Re: [OM] ICC profiles, Color Casts and Head Pounding Moment
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 21:43:49 -0500
Moose, I did a quick-and-dirty attempt at creating an ICC profile for the
DMC-L1 with flash. I didn't do it very accurately and I didn't use the same
flash setup as for the portrait session. However, even my nasty attempt
(highlights are off because I had a flash reflection on the target) got the
skin tones closer than I ever had before.

What I've found is the DMC-L1 tends towards a warm cast in it's natural
state. The blue channel does not track the red and blue in response curve.
The ICC profile neutralized it and corrected it. I did go and experiment
with this experimental profile on some other images (scenics, etc) and it
really cleaned things up. I'll be taking a serious approach to this
tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion.

AG