Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 38: bodega Sierra Salinas

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 38: bodega Sierra Salinas
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:26:46 -0400
  Very nice Nathan. You've done a nice job of capturing the workings of the
vineyard. The exterior shots would be greatly improved by a better time of
day; the light is pretty harsh. But I understand how that is; it's when they
are open. I enjoyed their web site as well so thanks for including the link.
On a side note, I don't know much about viticulture but having visited
vineyards in California, western NY and NC, I'm struck by the huge
difference in climate and soil types that are able to successfully grow
grapes and produce wine. The soils I've seen producing grapes in the States
look very rich in organics whereas the soil at Salinas looks pretty harsh
like crushed rock. Do they grow special supervines?

Charlie