Re: [OM] Brain Cramp that won't go anywhere

Subject: Re: [OM] Brain Cramp that won't go anywhere
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:48:41 -0500

> What is, in my opinion, really crazy about the "water rights" issue in
> Colorado is that property owners are not allowed to collect the water that
> falls  on their roof.  As one who runs their house directly from rainwater
> that
> is  something which would not be possible were I in Colorado.

There is a court case still working through the system right now on this
issue. As it stands last time I checked, if you can prove zero gain/loss
(inotherwords 100% of the collected rainwater continues on into the
watershed) you might be OK.

As to Smokey vs. Smoky...  I've spent far more time on the North Carolina
side (Cataloochee) where it is more commonly spelled "Smokey". "Smoky" is
more common (and considered correct) on the Tennessee side. My usage of
"Smokey" was deliberate.

AG