Re: [OM] [OT] iPad recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] iPad recommendations
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 09:12:01 -0500
  On 10/1/10 07:23 : , Jez Cunningham wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> I read a bit more about wifi/3G/bluetooth/etc and several have said the
> solution is to turn your phone into a wifi hotspot.  Then any wifi device
> can connect to the internet.  I've found my phone can do that ok.
>
> So I will only go for wifi - and think about extra memory...
>
> I've had other advice (from colleagues) who recommend waiting for iPad v2.
>   On the basis that v1 of anything sucks!  If it's expected by Christmas
> maybe I'll do that, and divert birthday towards the Canyon S95 (if CDFO
> agrees)?
>
> But what sucks on iPad vi?

I'm waiting for v2 as well, but all of the tech sites are pointing to a
Q1 2011 release.  The current wisdom is that Apple will follow the same
route as the iPhone - one new hardware rev per year, and March is the
anniversary of the first iPad.

My wife has a 16gb 3g+wifi version and absolutely loves it.  In fact,
loves it so much that I rarely get to touch it.  She uses it primarily
for e-books, netflix, and internet stuff like facebook, twitter, and
email.  She also has a G5 Mac for heavier use at home, but the iPad
travels with her almost everywhere.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"The nachos are still good." - Jim Peterik

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard