Re: [OM] (OM) OT Dimage A1

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Dimage A1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:46:41 -0400
I don't recommend erasing files unless its absolutely necessary to
regain some partial space.  The reason is that it greatly complicates
image recovery should you accidentally format the card.  I did that once
by accidentally inserting the wrong card and formatting one that had
some important images on it taken earlier that day.  Some of the images
were recovered, some partially recovered and others lost completely.
Fortunately, the one or two important ones that I lost I was able to
re-shoot that same day.  I especially kick myself for that one since I
know exactly how the file system works and exactly why erasure can lead
to partial data loss after an accidental format.  Don't do it unless you
have to.

But if you need to get rid of everything just format the card rather
than erasing.  Formatting is faster and designed exactly for that purpose.

Chuck Norcutt