Re: [OM] IMGs: butterflies, flowers, and other images to wrap up summer

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: butterflies, flowers, and other images to wrap up summer
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:32:13 -0500
Don?t forget Madrid (MAD-rid).

Bill Pearce

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Norton [mailto:ken@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:33 AM
To: Olympus Camera Discussion
Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: butterflies, flowers, and other images to wrap up
summer

> The only military service Lincoln was
> involved in (as a soldier!) was a skirmish in Iowa against Black Hawk,
> and Iowans went and named a county after him.  Black Hawk I mean, not
> Lincoln.

Lincoln is located in Tama County. (another indian name). It used to be
named Berlin prior to 1920. Also, the Lincoln Highway runs right through
Iowa.

But I live in Poweshiek County. The county seat is Montezuma. Iowa place
names aren't always boring, like Ricketts or Ute. But don't plan on skiing
Vail, getting mugged in Brooklyn, shooting birds in Audubon, speak Aussie in
Sidney, Spannish in Peru, or Arabic in Persia.

AG