Re: [OM] [OT] State of the Art - Sony A55 Camera Rises to a New Level -

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] State of the Art - Sony A55 Camera Rises to a New Level - Review - NYTimes.com
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 22:33:38 +1000
Yes it's an important innovation. There are some questions asked about
'ghosting' caused by refraction as light goes through the mirror. The
multi-shot noise reduction solves the light loss problem in most
situations. The sweep panorama is a damn sight better than in the
compacts and, to answer the review, of course it's only available in
auto mode or exposure level problems would bugger it up. The rumoured
a77 looks like the prosumer model - heavier and good grip available.
Wait 'til the new year,
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx