Re: [OM] ( OM) OT Volvo made where??

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM) OT Volvo made where??
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:37:42 -0500
My first Volvo was a used 1980 264 GLE with automatic tran, because my wife
isn't comfortable with a stick shift.  That was the smoothest running engine
I've ever had, but the induction system required frequent adjustments.  I
finally traded it because of the worries about the cost of repairs if that
complex engine died, and also because the A/C could not keep us cool in
Summer in the lower USA.

My wife selected a 1989 740 wagon which we still have.  I only bought the
V70 because the 740 was getting long in the tooth, and I was uncomfortable
using it for longer trips.  On its next trip in for its annual service, the
740 will have all of the original hoses replaced, though no leaks are
evident.

I took the 740 to 11,000 ft in Rocky Mountain National Park, and it ran
great as long as I kept the RPM at a decent level.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA