Re: [OM] Tyres was Re: Soon we will have winter again

Subject: Re: [OM] Tyres was Re: Soon we will have winter again
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:28:57 +0200
  Hi Chris,

sadly I knew that ;-), but as the car was hardly being used (300Kms per
year - because of tyres and cambelt)  and I never drove it fast during
that time - the money priorities were concentrated on the house. It
wasn't until I had new tyres and cambelt changed that I once again I
drove it like it was designed ;-).

But I believe they are right, the rubber does really deteriorate grip
wise with age whether its 6 years though I am not sure (I mean look at
sell by dates ) - as to safe maybe not if you were unaware of the fact
that they may offer reduced grip, etc  but they had plenty of tread  and
stopping distances seemed fine at the reduced speeds I drove it at.

I am not sure if I will get new winter tyres for it this year or just
not drive it, - that will depend on this years bonus - but the newer
landy has heated seats and windscreen so hopefully it gets warmer than
last year when on a typical winters day I left home with the inside
temperature showing -10 and it was up to -3 by the time I got to work ;-)

IanW

Loved your holiday pics BTW