Re: [OM] Linux/PhotoShop question

Subject: Re: [OM] Linux/PhotoShop question
From: manuel viet <manuel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 04:38:03 +0200
Le dimanche 19 septembre 2010 15:33:35, Willie Wonka a écrit :
> Hi Chuck,
>
> You need to download a program called Wine.  It works extremely well under
>  it, although I havent really grasped Wine...[...]
>
> I dont know which version of PS you have, I am still stuck on CS2.  I found
>  the current version of GIMP more featured than CS2 and in my opinion, both
>  programs are very similar.  The learning curve is almost non-existent.

FWIW, Olympus Viewer 2 raw conversion software do run on linux under wine
(which, to my knowledge, wasn't the case of the preceding raw converter,
Master 2).

But you can't download pictures from camera via USB, nor update the camera
firmware. (OV2 doesn't see the USB port through wine).

--
Manuel Viet