[OM] GH2 specs! wow!!!

Subject: [OM] GH2 specs! wow!!!
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:46:44 -0700 (PDT)
I gave up on the Panasonics.  Their products never got me really, really
excited. Here is a story to illustrate what I mean:

At the dawn of digital, I was looking for a digital camera that would cover my
requirements.  And I have to preface right now that I am not looking for the
best image quality available…(refer to AG’s statement that it is the
composition what makes the image…I wholeheartedly agree, as much as I hate to
agree with him…)
Before I bought the A200 I looked for a long time.  Then the Minolta Dimage 7
came…I got really excited.  I thought that it was revolutionary.  I had a
folder with the printouts from several websites that had review it.  Problem
was…I couldn’t afford it, but knew that I stumbled upon something very special.
 Years later, the A200 which was a descendent of the 7 came out.  I already
knew enough about the quality through AG’s post which I never figured out if
they are propaganda or just plain brag…:)
I bought the A200 and used it.  It is special and very well thought out
photographic instrument.  Here is 2010.  With the exception of the image
quality(and few other gimmicky things), the camera manufacturers are just
catching up with it.

I did say here that the G1 was revolutionary, but never in the sense of the
Dimage 7 and now the Sony A55.  Firstly, I don’t like the concept of IS within
the lens…we could argue about it, but I don’t feel like it.  Exposed sensor is
the second major one…I got excited about the camera, but never got to the part
where I carried a printout of the reviews with me at all times…

Lets go back to the A55. We could agree or disagree about the revolutionary
attribute of it…but, I guarantee you that down the road, just as the 7 did, it
will result of a camera or series of cameras that would leave the competition
in the dust and would take years for the rest of the camera industry to catch
up.  For now, I am sure that GH2 is a fantastic camera, but it isn’t the A55
and unfortunately Olympus dozent have the equivalent of either…(one day I
should tell you about how I planned to convert my OM1 to digital body…)
Yes, I have printed out the preview posted on dpreview…and yes, it has drool
marks all over..:)  And yes, I already sent a link to the spouse, just to
inform her that am looking at it…:)

Best

Boris