Re: [OM] IMG: Autumn Approaches

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Autumn Approaches
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:59:38 -0400
The Wiki article here <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_ivy>
illustrates some of the variety.  There doesn't seem to be a great deal
of poison ivy here in south central New York but it grew all over around
my Boston area house.  The short form (a foot tall or less) and the tree
climbing vine were very common.  But I don't believe I've ever seen the
shrub form... or if I did I didn't recognize it.  Trying to identify
poison ivy has always given me a bit of trouble due to the variety of
teeth (or lack of them) on the leaves.  But the Wiki article helps make
it clear.

Fortunately, I seem to be one of those that are little affected by it.
I know I've been unwittingly in the middle of it a number of times but
have never experienced a skin reaction.  Even so, I keep my eye out when
in the woods.  I don't want to press my luck.

Chuck Norcutt