Re: [OM] New Olympus E-5 Article posted on zone-10

Subject: Re: [OM] New Olympus E-5 Article posted on zone-10
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 13:04:38 -0700
I guess I'm out in the dark on this. To me there is no question but the E3
replacement will be four thirds. Having both four thirds and micro four
thirds makes sense. A tiny consumer body can mount the pro lenses if desired
but the tiny consumer body isn't hindered to be a system camera supporting
every system accessory. The only issue is that we will never see a top grade
micro four thirds lens. The only advantage the micro four thirds lens has is
that it provides the same room for internal elements while slightly
shrinking the lens + camera size (if the retro-focus can be reduced).

Jeff Keller