Re: [OM] [IMG] Last Weekend (bonus boobies inside)

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMG] Last Weekend (bonus boobies inside)
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 18:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
Now that my carousel fetish is out...:)

It would be nice to see some more pictures.  I'd love to visit upstate NY, but
dont know how soon that will happen...you prolly know that I applied for a job
there once...

BTW, Ctein's book on digital restoration just arrived today.  Thanks for the
recommendation.  Now I have to find the time to actually do it...:)

Best

Boris

If you're into carousels you need to come to the triple cities area of
Binghamton/Johnson City/Endicott, NY which calls itself the carousel
capital of the world.

"Greater Binghamton has the only carousel collection of this kind in the
world. Of the fewer than 150 antique carousels remaining in the United
States and Canada, six by Allen Herschell are in Greater Binghamton, New
York.

Because of the uniqueness of these carousels and the incomparable
circumstances of their survival and existence, all six are placed on the
New York State Historic Register and the National Register of Historic
Places."

See: <http://www.gobroomecounty.com/community/carousels>
<http://placeandmemory.org/index.php?title=The_Carousel_Capitol_of_the_World,_Broome_County,_New_York>

Sorry, not much in the way of pictures to be found on the web.  Maybe I
should fix that.  One of them is only about 1/2 mile from my house.

Chuck Norcutt