Re: [OM] IMG: Green June Beetle

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Green June Beetle
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 11:19:44 -0400
  On 9/4/2010 2:18 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

> I made my comment as a joke. I said it wasn't a macro photo to imply that the
> bug was big. Somehow that got lost in
> the translation. :)
> AG (those things really are big, though and probably are good with cream
> cheese) Schnozz

The related beetles in the Sierra Nevada here are even larger, running to an
inch and more. They are attracted to lights
at night, and fly toward them with complete abandon. Sitting at a camp table
with lantern can suddenly feel like there
are folks in the woods tossing good sized pebbles at you.

Moose