Re: [OM] Father, forgive me...

Subject: Re: [OM] Father, forgive me...
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 08:38:52 -0400
Watch the guards, and to a lesser extent, the tackles. If one or both
pull, the play's going in the direction they're pulling. If they just
raise up, they're pass blocking. If they block straight ahead, or one
man down either way, the ball's going in the middle.

This ain't 100 percent, but guards and tackles do the least
misdirecting of any players. You can't tell what's going on watching
the backs, wide receivers, or ends. They go every which way and often
times it's purely to misdirect the defense. The best bets for tip-offs
are the interior offensive linemen. There's only so many ways they can
go.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com