Re: [OM] (OM) related - Manfrotto/bogen tripod head adj.

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) related - Manfrotto/bogen tripod head adj.
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 03:28:32 +1200
Rick wrote

> #1 -  Hope Brian and any other NZ members are A-OK!
Yes thanks Rick.  More about this later.
> #2 - Thanks Chris, old Earl gave us a wide berth, but New England (sorry)
> #[?]
>         and the upper NE look like they're in for a drenching at least.
>
> #3 - The head: yes, beneath that aluminum (the real way to spell it) panel
> are three
> socket head cap screws. If the problem is wobble, they may be loose.
>
> On the other hand, if you still wobble when all else is tight, you may
> need to shim the handle - just unscrew it and slip on a thin flat washer &
> re-attach.

Thanks for the advice. I originally suspected a shim would be needed. In all
my wildest dreams i would never have thought of the construction they
used..
Once I had the facing (plastic, as it turned out to be) plate off, it was 5 -
10
minutes work with fingers and an Allen key for the central screw. Then glue
(sorry Walt, no epoxy this time, I expect to have to repeat the operation),
and clamp.

Brian Swale.