Re: [OM] [IMG] Fascinating (to me)

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMG] Fascinating (to me)
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:26:34 -0700 (PDT)
I just discovered that there is an "English" button on the page and it leads to
some Google translation engine.  Never seen anything like this, but find it
neat, so you curious minds dont have any excuse not to spend your life on this
site...:)

I looked at the photographs and it appears that the picture with the pregnant
woman is taken in France.  These are Bulgarian students learning how to slice
cadavers.

The other picture appears to be of two Macedonian-Bulgarian activists killed, I
dont know the full story, it looks like there is a tension between the two
communities (the Christians in this case, which disappears when muslims or
gypsies come to the picture...:)

Interesting picture I found later in the series...It is of rebels around the
severed head of their leader.  From what I understand, they were surrounded and
couldnt escape with the entire body, so they cut the head off and then took a
picture with it once got to safe place...weird.

I really like the pictures from the 40's and up (have not seen the 30's yet),
because they were not propped up.  All real folks doing daily chores...very
good representation of what life was.

Yes, it is obvious that the owner of the website is not found of the changes
that 1989 brought...:)

Best

Boris

 What an amazing collection of images Boris. I really do wish I could read
the captions, some are very intriguing. Of personal interest, it looks as if
Gross Anatomy Lab hasn't changed in 100 years. The clothing we wore was a
bit different but the deconstruction of the cadaver hasn't changed a bit.
One is a bit shocking to the uninitiated, specifically the young pregnant
woman who is about to be autopsied. And what's with the two dead guys in
suits laying in a big sink? (1900-1910) Was the Medical Examiner just having
a photo for posterity before starting the murder investigation? I've only
looked at a twentieth of them but I will be coming back.

Charlie