[OM] Leftover Rehash. Re-rehash?

Subject: [OM] Leftover Rehash. Re-rehash?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:11:35 -0500
I rehashed about the E-1 a couple of days ago. Well, Today, I'm going
to rerehash about the 14-50 lens. Sunday evening I went for a walk
with the L1 with 14-50. Did a minimum focus picture at 50mm, wide-open
(F3.5) and F4.0. For artistic intent, and the fact it was far past
sunset I shot the picture at ISO 1600. Noisy? Sure.

Here's the rub.  I want to show off a tiny 800x600 portion of the
picture at 1:1 pixels. But the noise pattern is, of course, a little
ugly, more or less. At what point do I give up trying to illustrate
one good thing in the presence of a bad thing that will be taken out
of context and people will end up trash-talking the image because of
it?

Or worse, criticizing my methods of picture taking because it doesn't
conform to some arcane rules of photography?

AG