Re: [OM] Odd behavior E-30

Subject: Re: [OM] Odd behavior E-30
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 16:09:44 -0500
Fernando, thank you for that information. We've discussed it before,
and I remember when one of the researchers started that project.

One theory about the frequency is that is the frequency that our
neuro-electrical system operates at. With the hearing loss, the brain
is "turning up the gain" and we end up hearing our own body.

Personally, I lost a third of my hearing by age three from two severe
ear infections that left substantial scarring on my eardrums. Other
than two notches which afdect my ability to hear consanents in noisy
environments, my hearing is pretty good. In fact, I can still 20kHz.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx