Re: [OM] Is Moosie in WUV?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is Moosie in WUV?
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 08:07:39 -0700

Come on Moose, if they made the perfect camera, think of the repercussions.

1. Perfect means it doesn't break and great folks like John Hermanson are on the
government dole.

2. Perfect means that the engineers have no more work to do, and they are on the
government dole (albeit other governments than the US)

3. We'd have to restrict our talks to technique, think how boring that would be.

4. We NEED the one upsmanship.  I thought the vocal wars of Olympus vs Canon vs
Nikon vs ... was something.  And then I took up shooting (channeling Walt a
little bit) and ye gods, the guys arguing about which gun, which load and which
holster and which light and so on is far more intense than what I've seen in the
camera realm.  But I will say this group is extremely civil and always a
pleasure to read.  By the way, they don't make perfect guns either.