Re: [OM] Dumpster Diving

Subject: Re: [OM] Dumpster Diving
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:55:28 -0500
> The Retina Longar fits the later Retina rangefinder cameras and the first
> Retina Reflex. The Curtar fits the same cameras as the Longar. There is also
> a 35mm Curtagon which fits the later Retina Reflex cameras which are labeled
> Retina Reflex S, Reflex II, Reflex III, etc.
> AG didn't even mention the chrome? He must not like satin finish.

OK, OK, I'll come clean. The chrome is wonderful on these two lenses.
They are beautiful.

In keeping with the "good neighbor policy" of this list, I'll offer
the lenses to this list before announcing them on Zone-10 and then
oboy. They are absolutely clean, spotless and as far as I can tell,
flawless. they come in their plastic bubbles which are, themselves, in
good condition. In fact, the plastic bubbles could probably be
restored to almost like-new condition. I'd say, that as collectables,
these lenses are about as good as you'll ever find. I'm almost ashamed
to say that I failed to use cotton gloves when handling them.

The 80/4 does have a little yellowing in the satin finish. I believe
this is quite normal for this type of finish and is the only thing
I've found that even remotely betrays its age. The lens coatings are
in excellent condition--not a scratch at all. I ran out of time this
weekend otherwise I'd have photographed them already.

Contact me offlist if interested. I'll gladly haggle a price.

AG