Re: [OM] IMG: Early Autumn

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Early Autumn
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:09:10 -0500
I tried making prints.  The first thing I noticed was that the prints were
much darker than the screen image.  I decreased the screen brightness from
about 50-60% to 25%, then tried letting PS control the colors, rather than
allowing the Epson R800 to do its thing.  Finally started over with the RAW
image on the reduced-brightness monitor, and finally got one that I think
may be acceptable.  The print is still darker than the screen image, but I
don't feel that I can use the screen for general purposes if I reduce the
brightness any further.  I also reduced the room lighting.

Any suggestions, other than to try to do a precise calibration on an
inexpensive Dell monitor?

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA