Re: [OM] IMG: Applying Fill Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Applying Fill Flash
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 20:57:48 -0400
The Braun might have a very high trigger voltage but... maybe not.  Why
not measure it.  The E-510 manual doesn't give any high voltage warnings
re using "unspecified external flash units" but does warn about possible
interference from incompatible TTL and other electrical contacts.

The Minolta A1 is spec'd for flash up to 400 volts.  The Canon digitals
(except for first two models: D30 and 10D) are spec'd for 250 volts.  I
suspect that the 510 can probably handle fairly high voltage as well.
It can certainly handle a T-32 at 12 volts.  You can probably buy a
Sunpak 422D (with OM TTL foot if desired) for about $10-15.  About 1/2
stop less power than a T-32 but, unlike the T-32, has a 5 stop range on
the manual exposure control.

Chuck Norcutt