[OM] need advice re projecting images

Subject: [OM] need advice re projecting images
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:32:28 -0300
I have been requested to supply a few digital images for showing on a big
screen tv [let's say one of those 50" or 60" plasma tv's] using a laptop as
the projection / control / image sequencing device. There may be upwards of
30 feet between the audience and the tv screen.

An 800 x 600 pixel image at a 100 ppi resolution makes for a good web based
image.

An 1800 x 1200 pixel image at 300ppi resolution makes a nice 6" x 4" print.

Can someone please advise me what pixel size and what ppi resolution is
required for a sharp big screen tv image viewed at upwards of a 30 foot
distance,

jh

database 5377 (20100818) __________

http://www.eset.com