Re: [OM] IMG: Crab Spider

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Crab Spider
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:25:24 -0400
My own Havahart trap captured its 7th chipmunk of the season this
morning.  But not before nabbing its second squirrel who, like the
chipmunks seem to be unable to resist peanut butter.  This despite the
fact the trap is not designed for squirrels.  They barely fit in there.

I think this morning's chipmunk was a young interloper who moved in
after I cleared the burrows of mom and her 5 pups a bit earlier this
year.  I normally wouldn't bother with the little rascals except that
they prefer to burrow under my stone walls which eventually cause them
to collapse into their burrows.  The last time it cost me $250 to get
the wall fixed.

I'm sure if I was one of several others on this list I'd have
photographed each capture for posterity.  I don't know why it doesn't
even occur to me (at the time) to do that.

Chuck Norcutt