[OM] IMG: Crab Spider

Subject: [OM] IMG: Crab Spider
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:18:56 -0500
Chris Crawford recently posted: "You shouldn't have killed it, Crab
Spiders are cool. They change colors to match the flowers they sit on,
so they can ambush bugs that frequent flowers, like bees."
   I agree with Chris on this.  Crab spiders are a close second to
jumping spiders as photogenic subjects, and one inside the house can be
easily captured by placing an empty drinking glass over it, sliding a
piece of paper or an envelope beneath the spider, and then releasing the
spider alive outside.  This happens often enough in our household.  Less
work, actually, than getting out the vacuum cleaner, and much more
respectful of the spider.
Dean