Re: [OM] When Digital...

Subject: Re: [OM] When Digital...
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:01:56 +0200
Hi Ken and all,

> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> <http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=274&Itemid=97>

> http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=274&Itemid=97
>
> This shot was an insane situation:  The 300 F4.5 was shot handheld on
> the E-1 (with battery grip).  F4.5 (wide open), 1/160.

 Nice shot, especially considering the situation -- 600mm equiv.!

However, I've done shots almost as insane: Lumix GF1 + Canon FD 200 mm F2.8
handheld... indoors:

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/zuiko21/4763875786/in/photostream/> and
following pics.

Subject information: my Dad (83) doing a minor fix to his violin. After a
few shots he asked me, somewhat angry, to stop taking pictures and come to
help him, which I did ;-)

I took some of these pics with a different lens, a Nikkor ED 180/2.8. The
Canon's lack of ED elements means it's much worse on CA, thus the Nikkor has
much better sharpness and contrast wide open -- at the expense of some
resolution, though. Comparison shot at <
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zuiko21/4765809588/in/photostream/>

However, handling-wise the Canon wins hands down, especially on a small body
like the GF1!

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)