Re: [OM] Focus Accuracy Test - Oh what misery we bring uponourselves

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Accuracy Test - Oh what misery we bring uponourselves
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:56:13 -0500
> Have you tried to focus the 24/2.8 on your OM body with split screen? You
> can differentiate the focus of 5 and 6 meter? I just tried with my like new
> OM-1n, I immediate surrender.

Well, with the OM-3Ti and 2-13 screen I'd say that I could barely do
so, but was glad I had no sharp knives nearby otherwise my wrists
would be slashed.  I didn't mean to imply that the focusing was easy
at this level--far from it, but it is possible. You do have to DoF
preview (stop down) the lens to F4 (24mm F2.8) to do this critical
focusing, though. The lens lacks too much contrast at this extreme to
adequately focus at F2.8.

BTW, The equivalent is to use a 50mm lens on an OM body or 5Dmk2 as
that is the "normal" focal length for full-frame. Yes, you can focus
this focal length lens between 5 and 6 meters.

AG