Re: [OM] Panasonic DMW-MA1 vs Olympus MMF-1 vs MMF-2

Subject: Re: [OM] Panasonic DMW-MA1 vs Olympus MMF-1 vs MMF-2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 08:27:06 -0400
 From Olympusamerica.com
MMF-2 (Four Thirds Lens Adapter to Micro Four Thirds Lens Adapter)

This lens adapter makes it possible to mount any existing Four Thirds
lens on a Micro Four Thirds digital camera. AF shooting using Live View
is possible with lenses featuring contrast AF compatibility. When a
contrast AF incompatible lens is used, the AF assist function engages.
This item replaces the MMF-1.

Item #260964

Price: $199.99
The MMF-2 is a *replacement* for the MMF-1.  I suspect there is little
or no difference except a price reduction hidden under a new model number.

I also discovered this compatibility chart while looking.
Click on the embedded link in the PDF for a lens compatibility statement
<www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/MFT_Adapters_EN.pdf>

Chuck Norcutt