Re: [OM] Focus Accuracy Test - Oh what misery we bring upon ourselves

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Accuracy Test - Oh what misery we bring upon ourselves
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 11:57:22 +1000
> The brick wall is decidedly less sharp than the OM Z
> even though it's operating at f/3.2 instead of f/2.8.  That may be edge
> of field resolution problems but the same would have been the case in
> the original field/tree photo.
>
> Anybody care to join in?

Ok, to me it looks like the OM Z 24 has better DOF behind the point of focus
while the zoom has better DOF in front of the point of focus.  Dunno if
that's possible or not based on different lens designs, but that's how it
"appears" to me.  Perhaps the difference in brightness of the images has
some psychological effect ?

...Wayne