Re: [OM] Focus Accuracy Test - Oh what misery we bring upon ourselves

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Accuracy Test - Oh what misery we bring upon ourselves
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:10:27 -0400
Hmmm.  After reading your intro here I thought you were declaring
victory.  But I sure don't see any difference between 5.8 and 6.4
meters.  But that was tougher than really required I think.  Moving the
goal post a full meter between the OM 24/2.8 at 5 meters and the OM Zoom
at 24/3.2(>) at 6 meters will move the depth of field 5 meters further out.

I did try this test myself a little while ago using the A1 since it's
the only thing I have with "live view".  But I no sooner got going when
I suddenly realized my simulation was totally invalid.  The A1 has so
much depth of field at 7mm (28mm equivalent) even at f/2.8 that I
probably couldn't have told the difference between 2 meters and
infinity.  So I quit.

I think my hypothesis is still holding but I suspect you're not going to
try the extra 1/2 meter to disprove it.  Just send me your camera and
lenses and I'll do it. :-)

Chuck Norcutt