Re: [OM] OT - for bibliophiles

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - for bibliophiles
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:04:42 -0700

>   ....It's going to make a big difference in this household with two people
> who have too many books.
>
> Bibliographic Moose

Unfortunately of the books I buy to actually keep (rather than check
out/buy to read) many are waaaay pre-ISBN. It _is_ a daunting task to
enter all the data by hand. For the minority with an ISBN and a barcode
it is easier and faster to just type in the #. For my friends in the
book trade this gadget would be a real time saver. I'll ask them what
they do.

As for Bookcat, I'll check it out. I've also been looking for something
to replace my old database. Did you look at
<http://songstech.com/elibpro.html>?

Mike