Re: [OM] ET borrowed my cellphone when calling home

Subject: Re: [OM] ET borrowed my cellphone when calling home
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:50:45 -0500
Joel, you might want to consider waiting until the iPAD (HD) version
comes out...

As to the orienteering, you can do what I do and use the trusty Garmin
GPS with built-in compass. Or download the free app "True Compass".
This is the one found from invisiblebits.blogspot.com. If all else
fails, just run over to that huge sporting-goods store (you know the
one) at the mall and get yourself a $7.99 compass designed for
orienteering.

I've tried out a good half-dozen compasses on the iPad and this one is
the only one that has been able to figure out what North is.  Both
magnetic and true. All of the others have been consistantly off by
20-30 degrees.  In fact, just seconds ago I tested three of them and
only "True Compass" got it right--in identical conditions and position
and calibration. (figure-8 motion to calibrate compass).

AG (I may be shiftless, but I do have direction) Schnozz