Re: [OM] My last film shots

Subject: Re: [OM] My last film shots
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:08:36 -0700 (PDT)
I hear that nothing beats a good charcoal grill at all times, but have a friend
who swears by his...electric grill.  I am not talking George Forman's grills.
His grill is special, each individual grill piece is a heating element itself.

I have no idea if it was a skill, luck or something else, I dont grill and
rarely eat grilled food, but the steak he cooked on that thing was one of the
best I have ever had.  Very juicy, he claimed that it has nothing to do with
him cooking the meat, everything was the grill...I really dont really care how
it is cooked as long as it tastes good.  No, I didnt tell him that...

I have no idea how this prolly useless piece of info fits in your film-digital
analogy...:)

Best

Boris

It's kinda like cooking.  A modern electric stove (or decent gas
stove) is a pleasure to cook on, easy to clean and is fantastic for
cooking most foods. Yet, when it comes to steak, there is no
substitute for a grill with charcoal (or hunks of wood, whichever you
prefer).

More the majority of meals (pictures) you'll use the stove (digital).
But when you want a decent steak (special photograph) you'll use the
grill (film).

AG